As part of the Ontario Networks of Entrepreneurs (ONE), OCE administers the Industry Academic Collaboration Program (IACP). Funded by the Province of Ontario, IACP is designed to leverage the full capacity of Ontario’s research institutions in order to help technology-based companies create jobs and prosperity by commercializing Ontario-based research discoveries.
Under IACP, Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) offers a suite of programs and services that are responsive, flexible and adaptive to change, serving researchers, entrepreneurs and high-potential companies who have strong potential for commercial success.
Through IACP, OCE is committed to:
- Building a world-class knowledge and technology transfer network for Ontario's public research institutions
- Extracting more value from all provincial investments in research and innovation through effective technology transfer networks
- Leveraging the full capacity of public research institutions to support industry-driven commercialization activities
IACP programs are divided into three main components:
- Collaborative Commercialization Programs that support industry-academic collaborations
- Talent Programs that support the development of entrepreneurial and business skills
- Technology Transfer Partnerships that support technology and knowledge transfer and proof-of-principle technology demonstrations