Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) develops strong sector opportunities that align with Ontario’s Innovation Agenda.
We focus on four sectors:
These broad industry sectors are important to the Ontario economy because they represent large-scale global market opportunities.
OCE’s sector strategy:
- Concentrates investment for maximum impact
- Increases return on investment
- Expands the organization's reach by identifying new opportunities and new partners
- Pulls together pockets of strength across the province to position Ontario as a global leader
- Ensures the voice of industry is heard through strategic level engagement with industry
OCE assigns sector leads to Sector Advisory Boards in each of the four areas. Advisory Boards, comprised of 75 per cent industry representation, identify emerging opportunities within the sector, develop strategic initiatives and build a network of industrial and academic expertise. Individual strategies are under constant review and revision under the guidance of Ontario companies to ensure that OCE and the Province remain at the forefront of innovation.
The four Sector Advisory Boards provide sector specific guidance and foresight.
Sector Advisory Board, Advanced Health Technologies
Sector Advisory Board, Advanced Manufacturing
Sector Advisory Board, Energy and Environment
Sector Advisory Board, Information, Communications and Digital Media