Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) offers a range of programs that help take research from labs to the marketplace.
- Technical Problem Solving provides a focus on short-term projects and provides hands-on problem solving experience.
- Collaborate-to-Commercialize (C2C) helps companies develop and commercialize all types of innovations (technical, business and social) through project partnerships with Ontario publicly funded academic research institutions (university, college, research hospital). This two-year program is designed for projects with special innovation challenges, demonstrated market pull and high potential for commercialization.
- Special Energy Fund provides provincial funding for research and development in groundbreaking clean energy technologies.
- Market Readiness helps commercialize promising intellectual property (technical, business or social) developed at Ontario publicly funded academic research institutions. The mechanism for IP/technology transfer is via a newly created Ontario-based company, or by licensing to an existing company, resulting in substantial and sustainable economic benefit to Ontario (e.g. jobs, revenue).
- OCE-CEMI-NSERC Mining Manufacturing Program provides funding from OCE, the Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation (CEMI) and NSERC for transformative R&D in productivity, energy, water and waste relating to Ontario’s mining industry and its value chain.
- High Performance Computing provides access to high performance computing for SMEs in Ontario through a partnership with IBM and a consortium of seven Ontario universities known as the Southern Ontario Smart Computing Innovation Platform (SOSCIP).
- SmartStart provides funding, training and development for new ventures by Ontario’s next generation entrepreneurs.