The SmartStart Seed Fund is an exciting new opportunity for Ontario's next generation of entrepreneurs to access much-needed funding to take their start-up to the next level. Open to young entrepreneurs from the ages of 18 to 29 and entrepreneurs from the age of 30+, the program provides both seed financing and financing for entrepreneurship skills training to help recipients grow their start-up and make them investment and customer ready.
SmartStart is co-funded by the Government of Canada, through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), and the Government of Ontario, as part of its Ontario Youth Jobs Strategy.
- Help both young entrepreneurs from the ages of 18 to 29, and entrepreneurs from 30+ years, launch and build their enterprises and business ventures
- Support the next generation of technology and innovation-focused entrepreneurs in developing prototype products, sourcing first customers and solving real business needs
- Generate economic outcomes such as job creation, revenue generation and follow-on investments
- Provide youth and non-youth led ventures with access to regional business and investment networks and resources
- Assist emerging firms and young entrepreneurs in navigating complex and often difficult business waters
- Accelerate time to market for these ventures and achieve higher levels of success
Interested in Applying?
More details on the SmartStart Seed Fund. We recommend you thoroughly review all program details prior to initiating an application. Applications must be initiated at least seven days prior to the submission deadline.
Please note that applications to this program are currently closed.
View a list of SmartStart Seed Fund Recipients.