OCE’s Entrepreneurial Talent offerings are focused on helping Ontario’s college and university students and recent graduates develop entrepreneurial and business skills.
- Experiential Learning Program is designed to help students across Ontario get the training and experience they need to turn their ideas into market-ready products and services, by learning and doing. The program supports Ontario postsecondary institutions to manage and grow established project- and experience-based programs for young entrepreneurs that will accelerate and further enhance the quality of new ventures and industry collaborations arising from Ontario academic institutions.
- Entrepreneurship Fellowships support the development of an Ontario student or graduating student (within the last three years) to create an innovative start-up with an economic impact in Ontario.
Connections links undergraduate university and college students in engineering, science and technology programs to technology-based companies to work on real-world projects. Email the program contact for more information.
- CYBF-OCE Entrepreneurship Fellowships support students and recent graduates aged 18-39 from any academic discipline develop their business through a two-year program with grant funding from OCE and mentoring from the Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF) in the first year and loan financing from CYBF in the second year.
- David McFadden Energy Entrepreneur Challenge awards $25,000 and a suite of business services to one university or college student to assist in advancing the business concept that addresses the energy challenge issued that year.
- Martin Walmsley Fellowship for Entrepreneurship Fellowships facilitate the transition of OCE-funded university-based research into innovative business ventures.
- OCE-OBI Entrepreneurial Fellowships fund and support scientists (e.g., neurotechnology, science or engineering) in entrepreneurial/commercialization opportunities with the goal of establishing neuroscience-related companies in Ontario.
- Social Entrepreneurship Fellowships funds individual scholars and researchers in social sciences and humanities research to support knowledge mobilization activities and to create innovative start-ups with an economic impact in Ontario.