TalentEdge provides Ontario students and recent graduates with real-world industry experience. Through the program, interns and fellows can apply their expertise, leading-edge knowledge and tools to solving industry problems.
This highly versatile program is open to university and college students, specifically current graduate and final year undergraduate students, recent Masters graduates, and PhD graduates, and is open to all disciplines. Placements can be either company- or institution-based. All placements must be project-based and have an R&D component (where R&D is defined by the discipline, and is open to all disciplines).
Managed by Ontario Centres of Excellence on behalf of the Government of Ontario, TalentEdge represents a $17-million investment and key component of Ontario’s Youth Jobs Strategy.
The objectives of the TalentEdge Program are as follows:
- Help students and recent graduates bridge the gap between Ontario's publicly-funded post-secondary institutions and industry by providing hands-on experience with companies
- Build receptor capacity in industry for highly skilled R&D personnel
- Provide research and development capabilities to companies
- Improve companies’ competitiveness by attracting top talent and tapping into world-class R&D to strengthen capacity to develop new products, services, and processes
- Develop and retain top talent in Ontario
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge and emerging technologies from publicly funded post-secondary institutions to industry
The program has two components: TalentEdge Internship and Fellowship programs. For detailed information, refer to the program guidelines:
Important note: The program is currently accepting applications for sector-specific TalentEdge streams only (Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network, ENCQOR 5G and Next Generation Network Program).